Alright, I am admitting it… I am obsessed with LENTIL SOUP!
It is DELICIOUS and perfect for freezing cold East Coast Days…
So instead of spending money on ordering lentil soup, that I am unsure what all the ingredients are.. I decided I would try my luck at making it!
Turned out delish!
Angie’s Vegetable Lentil Soup Recipe
You will need:
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- a handful of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 cup of lentils
- 6 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 cup of parsley
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- a large pot
1. Chop all vegetables(minus spinach and parsley)
2. Pour a bit of oil into your pot, over medium-high heat. Saute your veggies for about 10 minutes.
3. Add your tomato paste, minced garlic and salt and let saute for about a minute.
4. Add 6 cups of water and 1 cup of lentils to the pot. Let the water come to a boil. Then reduce heat, cover and allow lentils to simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
5. Add your chopped spinach, parsley, red wine vinegar and pepper. Let it sit on low heat for 15 mins.
6. THEN DISH UP AND ENJOY!
and… I made enough for lunch this week!
Perfect for the FREEZING COLD temperatures DC is experiencing today.
Happy ALREADY Tuesday!