I always find that I hate and love Mondays all at the same time. I hate them because I know it will be a long five days of go..go… go.. before I get to relax a bit again.
But.. I love Mondays because they are an excuse for another fresh start.
My Three Tips for SURVIVING Mondays
1. Get prepared for the week the night before. Lunches made, apartment/house cleaned and have a tentative plan for the week ahead. That way there are no surprises!
2. Dress up! I find when I dress up and put something on that makes me feel good, I am more likely to enjoy my day and be in a better mood!
This Monday’s Outfit:
3. Last but not least, get up early and get moving! Go for a walk or hit the gym, starting your week off right, will allow you to feel great and set the dynamic for the rest of the week.
Last night, I attempted a new dish and it was a success! Coming from the girl that could only make cereal, every time a recipe is successful, I get very excited!
If you want a quick, easy and healthy dish to prepare this week, give this a shot!
Healthy Tuna Cakes
*2 cans of tuna, drained
*1 tbsp of flour
*1 tsp of cumin
*Handful of chopped cilantro
*2 tsp of minced garlic
*1/2 onion chopped
*a few cherry tomatoes, seedless and chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl (minus the olive oil) and mix well
2. Divide tuna mixture into four decently sized patties
3.Heat pan on medium-low heat and coat with olive oil
4. Add the tuna cakes to the pan and slowly cook on each side until lightly brown
5. Remove from pan, add the avocados
*** This recipe was made for two people and makes four patties. ***
We had the patties with homemade sweet potato fries and it was delicious and very filling!
Thought for today:
Happy Monday Everyone, make it a great week!