This afternoon I received a comment that both flattered and surprised me.
I was nominated by a fellow blogger for the Liebster Award. At first I had no idea what this was and after quite a bit of searching, I found that the term “liebster” has the meaning of “dearest” in German. This award was created by a German blogger, that wanted to acknowledge other bloggers work that they admired, and so the award was created and linked together bloggers all over.
With that being said I would like to send my sincere thanks to Cocoa & Lace, for nominating me. Her blog has been a great inspiration to me and is my go to for yummy recipes and new upcoming trends. If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself!
Now for the Award:
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer the 11 questions the “tagger” has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
- These lucky bloggers must then be told.
- There are no tag backs.
11 Things About Me
1. I can successfully pull off blonde or brunette. After 23 years of blonde, I finally took the plunge into the brunette world. Not as bad as I thought!
2. I was a competitive gymnast from ages 3-18. I competed all four events but beam was my specialty. Yes, this means I spent a significant portion of my childhood, flipping and twisting around a gym.
3. I have a very courageous younger brother, who defends our country in the U.S. Navy. He is a constant reminder to me that freedom doesn’t come free, so I refuse to take it for granted.
4. I grew up in the beautiful state of Colorado ( No I do not ski, sorry! I blame it on the gymnastics). I now live in Washington D.C. and am learning how to function on the East Coast!
5. My favorite food in the entire world is a grilled cheese sandwich with a tomato in it. Don’t knock it, till you try it!
6. I am the definition of an Aries. Full of energy and enthusiasm and willing to tackle most projects people won’t. I am a straight to the point kind of girl. If there is a problem, I nip it in the bud, right then and there.
7. Starbuck’s Skinny Vanilla Latte’s or a great margarita, usually does the trick of getting me out of any down or grumpy mood.
8. Now that I am too old to do gymnastics, I enjoy running and yoga. Exercise has been a great way for me to create a relationship with body and thoughts. To me the most important relationship you have, is with yourself.
9. I am lucky enough to be in love and dating my best friend. We met randomly at a wedding and its been the two of us every since. Ladies it does happen, so keep your head’s up!
10. It is rare to not find me in anything but some type of a heel. When you are 5″1′ you have to take any inch you can get!
11. I live by the quote, “Everything Happens For A Reason“.
My responses to Cocoa & Lace’s questions:
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Ideally, I want to own my own events and media company in New York City. Yes, that is the generic young girl dream but after working in the industry, I have no doubt that it’s my passion and that I will go to great lengths to achieve it. Your dreams have to be big enough to scare you a bit, right?
2. If someone asked you how old you feel, what would you say and why?
I would say I feel my age, which is 25. The perfect age to still be young at heart but mature enough to chase your dreams. I was terrified of turning 25, but turns out, age is just a number 🙂
3. What’s your favorite era? (Doesn’t have to be within your lifetime)
I think the twenties would have to be my favorite era. I like that people expressed who they were and were willing to take risks, let loose and just have a good time. Not to mention their clothing, so fun!
4. Describe your style in three words.
Classy. Playful. Vibrant.
5. Name the actress you most admire.
Hands down Julie Roberts. I grew up watching Pretty Woman (No, I didn’t realize what it was about until later on in life, thanks mom!) I admire her because she has been in so many award winning movies but still seems to stay true to herself. She is someone passionate about acting and not being a celebrity.
6. It’s 5 o’clock on a Friday. What’s your beverage of choice?
Depends on how the week was. Typically I crave a large glass of wine but on crazy weeks, I might have to reach for a vodka soda with lime or a margarita.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I think my typical answer would be Paris. However, I have never been there so I would have to say as of right now, New York City. You can’t match the energy the city gives. It is a tough city but has anything and everything you could ever want. I LOVE IT and the feeling it gives me.
8. What past accomplishment are you most proud of?
I was able to work the White House Correspondence Dinner this past year( like the Oscar’s of Washington). I worked the red carpet and met a ton of different big named celebrities. It was incredible to be apart of the event aspect, of such a large upscale event.
9. What’s your favorite season and why?
Fall. The fall season on the east coast completely caught me by surprise, full of reds, oranges and yellows. Colorado doesn’t experience fall like this and its gorgeous. Of course, I also have quite the obsession with BOOTS!
10. Name a superpower you wish you had.
To hear what people are thinking. Understandably, a weird power to want, but I think many people don’t speak their mind and resort to giving the answer they “think” people want to hear. I am the type of person that always speaks my mind and is constantly probing people around me to be open and honest. This power would save me a lot of time 🙂
11. What would you do with an extra hour of free time?
Go for a long run outside. I love having an hour to myself to clear my mind, count my blessings and burn calories, so I can fit into my skinny jeans 🙂