One of my new food obsessions is sweet potato fries. If you haven’t tried them yet, get up from your computer, go to the store and get the ingredients for this side dish.
If you haven’t noticed sweet potatoes are popping up in restaurants and food blogs everywhere. The claims are that sweet potatoes are better for you than regular potatoes, so of course, I did some research…
Turns out its true.
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of dietary fiber, natural sugars, complex carbohydrates, protein, carotenoids, Vitamin C, iron and calcium. They are great for treating stress symptoms, alleviating muscle cramps, preventing heart disease and are high in antioxidants.
Of course everything in moderation, but a great nutritional side dish, when you aren’t craving asparagus or broccoli.
Sweet Potato Deliciousness Recipe
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Pour yourself a glass of wine and peel two sweet potato
- Chop up sweet potatoes into small cubes and put them in a bowl
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Gently add salt, pepper and oregano and toss potatoes
- Foil a pan and gently spray pan with cooking spray. Then spread potatoes onto pan.
- Place in oven and cook for 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are not longer hard.
And finally…pour yourself another glass of wine and ENJOY!!!!!