My new delicious discovery that can be used as desert or a pick me up snack before or after a work out!
You Will Need:
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of natural honey
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 2-3 scoops of whey protein powder (best with chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 cup of whatever dried fruit appeals to you (in this case dried cherries)
- In a sauce pan over LOW heat, combine the peanut butter and honey. Stir until it becomes a smooth or a liquid consistency ( remember you are not cooking it just merely melting the two together).
- Then add protein powder and stir (this will make the consistency more dough like).
- Add in oats, almonds, and dried fruit and stir.
- Put in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of an hour.
- After the dough has cooled, take small sections and roll into small balls.
Then you are ready to enjoy a protein packed snack!